You must have a final decision from the Board of Veterans' Appeals before appealing to this Court.
(The VA Regional Office is not the Board of Veterans' Appeals.)
If you are not sure of the status of your claim at the VA or BVA, please call the BVA status line at 800-923-8387.
1. The appellant must file a written Notice of Appeal (NOA) that includes all of the following information:
2. The Notice of Appeal (NOA) must be received not later than 120 days after the date on which the Board mailed
the notice of the decision to the last known address of the appellant.
Please Note: The date stamped on the front of the BVA's decision is the date it was mailed.
3. A $50 nonrefundable filing fee, paid by check or money order payable to the "U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims," or a Declaration of Financial Hardship must be received by the Court no later than 14 days after you send the Notice of Appeal (NOA)s.
4. File the Notice of Appeal (NOA) and filing fee or Declaration of Financial Hardship with the Court by mail,
fax, or e-mail to the following address:
Clerk of the Court
United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
625 Indiana Ave. NW, Suite 900
Washington DC, 20004-2950
Fax: (202) 501-5848
E-mailed pleadings must be in separate PDF files.
5. Once the appeal has been docketed, the Clerk will send a Notice of Docketing to all parties advising
them of the date the Clerk received the Notice of Appeal (NOA). The Clerk will also note what is next required
of both the appellant and the Secretary.
Note to attorneys: If a Notice of Appeal is filed by a representative or someone other than the one making a limited appearance, a Notice of Appearance and fee agreement must be also submitted according to Rule 46(d)(2) and (6) of the Court's Rules of Practice and Procedure.
For more information, please read rules 3 and 4 of the Court's Rules of Practice and Procedure.
Veterans Consortium Pro Bono Helpline: Toll-Free 855-446-9678 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (for assistance with self-represented appeals to USCAVC)